Thursday, February 21, 2019

Review: Against the Boards

For this review, I chose Against the Boards by Samantha Lind.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Reese Blackwood

I’m called America’s sweetheart.
They say I have the voice of an angel.
I almost gave all that up, thanks to a traumatic experience at the start of my career. Instead of letting it define me, I chose to rise above. I showed everyone what a woman on a mission could accomplish, and now I’m living my dream.

After one chance meeting, my entire world changes. Austin is every woman’s fantasy, and he wants me. While the attraction is there for me as well, I don’t need any distractions right now.

Austin Jones

Focused.
Driven.
I’m the man I am today because I never let the idea of settling down disrupt being the best I can during my hockey career.

But then Reese floats into my life and everything changes, and now all I want to do is pin her against the boards.

They say opposites attract. You can’t get more opposite than Country Music’s hottest female singer and a hockey player from Canada. With competing travel schedules, our instant attraction appears to be doomed from the start. Can it really be love? Or is it just a hot ice-melting fling?
 




This is Book #5 in the Indianapolis Eagles series.  Another perfect book in the Indianapolis Eagles series. Oh I think this is my favorite book of the series. (I may have said that already and if I did then…) I love that the book was centered around a country music singer and a hockey player.  I love reading series because the reader gets to see what has happened to a previous character.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: