Sunday, August 6, 2023

Book Review: Wildflower by Jessica Myel

  For this review, I chose Wildflower by Jessica Myel.

I picked this e-Book from the selection of Kindle Unlimited books.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Rhett Montgomery She was my best friend, and I loved her before I understood what that word really meant. I saw Jessie West for the amazing girl and woman she would become. My Wildflower dug in her roots and grew despite her surroundings. Then my world was shattered. Jessie was there for me, but she didn’t have the whole story. My secrets dragging me down, drowning me. They turned me into a shell of a man. Not good enough for my Wildflower. She broke my heart and ran away from me five years ago. I should have gone after her, but I didn’t. I missed her, like a limb was detached from my body. But, I didn’t have a choice. I had to keep going, even when I didn’t want to. So when she came back into town I hoped this was our second chance. A chance for us to mend and the truth to come out. And it would. But were our roots deep enough to weather the storm? Jessie West Rhett Montgomery was my best friend since we were kids that met on the playground. He saw me for everything that my parents didn’t. I was a girl surrounded by big brothers, and my job was to expand the dynasty. Nothing else mattered, according to my mother. I never wanted to be that girl. I was like a Wildflower, growing in the wrong garden. So I took matters into my own hands and I became one of the best ghostwriters for a world-renowned author. I figured that would show my family, and prove my worth. Then everything came crashing down and I ran, again. Little did I know I would run right back into his arms. My best friend. The boy now, a man I’ve loved my whole life and whose heart I didn’t know I broke five years ago. But little did he know, he broke mine too. Or maybe he did, and he just didn’t care.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my first book I read by this author.  This is book #1 in the Wild Series.  Love the title and the meaning behind it!! Sweet best friends have feelings for each other but fear stops them from telling each other how they truly feel.  Rhett has been through so much. His heart is broken. When Jessie moves back home, it’s their time to finally take the chance of each other. Can the time away from each other threaten to keep them apart?  I can’t wait to read the next book in this series. 

CAWFILE: 9.57
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: