Have you done the Reading Challenge with Goodreads? Last year I wanted to read 75 books, but I finished with 117 books!! This year I am going to try to read 75 books again, but I would love to read more than 117 books.
33 with goal of 30 books- 2011
54 with goal of 40 books- 2012
68 with goal of 60 books- 2013
117 with goal of 75 books- 2014
My favorite books last year I read were:
1. Lucky Harbor Series by Jill Shalvis - I love the 3 sisters, Maddie, Tara, and Chloe. They come together to handle their mother's inheritance of an inn. I stopped at book #9 so I need to read the rest of this series soon!
2. Piper Anderson Series by Danielle Stewart- This series is one I could not put down. Piper comes to Edenville, NC to have a normal life, but what she finds is so much more. I need to catch up with this series before new books come out.
3. The Bachelor Fireman of San Gabriel by Jennifer Bernard- What can I say about this series......FIREMEN!!! Why not read a series on Firemen?? Ok, I am married to one!! I need to finish this series, too, or should I say catch up.
4. Evening Stars by Susan Mallery- This is the third book in the series of Blackberry Island. The first 2 books are very good. This book we read about Nina, who has taken care of her mother and sister her entire life.
5 & 6. When We Met and Before We Kiss by Susan Mallery (Fool's Gold Series) - I love this series. In When We Met, Tara and Angel are attracted to one other. I love how Tara wear high heels. In Before We Kiss, Dellina and Sam are a great pair! In both of these books, I laughed and cried. I need to catch up with this series, too. I hate when I am finished with this series and I have to wait months for the next books so this time I am taking my sweet old time.
7. Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr - I love this series, too. I think my favorite characters are Melinda and Jack. Melinda came to Virgin River to start over and she found so much more.
One thing I love to read is series. As you can tell by my favorite books of 2014. For this year, I want to branch out for my reading. I joined the Unlimited Kindle and I would love to read at least 1-2 of those books a month. Plus my favorite authors. Add in a few authors, who I have not heard of or I was recommended to read by a friend.