Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Review: Draw Me Close

For this review, I chose Draw Me Close by Nicole Michaels.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
You Need A Good Foundation

Lindsey Morales is a decorating genius with a natural flair for design and an eye for a bargain. As a contributor to a popular lifestyle blog, she can take anything from trash to treasure—except for her own life. Burned once, and badly, she's more than twice shy, especially when it comes to the breathtaking builder who broke her heart…

Before You Can Build Happily Ever After

Architect Derek Walsh has made a name for himself designing sleekly modern buildings, but when renovating a hundred-year-old farmhouse gives him the chance to see Lindsey again, he jumps at it. Still dreaming about her after eight long years apart, he'll do anything to prove that he's serious about spending the future with her. Can he convince sassy, stubborn Lindsey that they can DIY their own happy ending?


This book is #3 in the Hearts and Crafts series.  Book #1 is Start Me Up.  Book #2 is Win Me Over.  I have not read those 2 books, but I plan to.  Miss Nicole Michaels is a new to me author.  I love when I get to read new authors that I have not had the opportunity to read.

I loved this book.  It reminded me that if you find true lasting love, don't let it go ever because if you do, you may end up regretting it.  I understand why Lindsay Morales is so mad at Derek Walsh.  I am not going to say what.  Just go read this book!!  I would be the same way.  Derek had a decision to make 8 years ago.  Did he make the right choice for himself and everyone involved?  I am not so sure he did.  This book made me think.  What if my husband (before we were married) was in the same position as Derek?  How would I react?  How would Lindsay react if she knew what she knows 8 years later?

I think Lindsay was summed up in what she said on page 26 Kindle Location 338.  I could see Lindsay's eyes sparkle with the passion she has for her work.  This house sounds wonderful.  I love the details, the craftmanship of old houses, which are the 2 main reasons why I love them, too!  They tend to be built better than today's homes.  I love reading blogs like the one Lindsay and her friends have.  One to help with DIY projects or give ideas for new DIY projects. 
"I love old houses.  Love their charm, their quirks, their souls.  But I like to find the perfect balance of new and old."

Derek is the contractor on the same job as Lindsay, but also in their friends' wedding.  She does not want to deal with him.  It is so cute how she leaves him messages.  Derek and Lindsay was like friction between 2 surfaces.  Eventually something to go to give!! Derek has to make her trust him again, but one can not make a person do that.  He needs to earn her trust back.  Will he succeed?  Will they be able to move past what he did?

My favorite part beside them arguing here and there is the ER scene.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: