Saturday, May 21, 2016

Review: A Thousand Yesteryears

For this review, I chose A Thousand Yesteryears by Mae Clair.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Behind a legend lies the truth…As a child, Eve Parrish lost her father and her best friend, Maggie Flynn, in a tragic bridge collapse. Fifteen years later, she returns to Point Pleasant to settle her deceased aunt’s estate. Though much has changed about the once thriving river community, the ghost of tragedy still weighs heavily on the town, as do rumors and sightings of the Mothman, a local legend. When Eve uncovers startling information about her aunt’s death, that legend is in danger of becoming all too real . . .

Caden Flynn is one of the few lucky survivors of the bridge collapse but blames himself for coercing his younger sister out that night. He’s carried that guilt for fifteen years, unaware of darker currents haunting the town. It isn’t long before Eve’s arrival unravels an old secret—one that places her and Caden in the crosshairs of a deadly killer . . .
 



This book drew me in and would not let go.  I loved the suspense, mystery, paranormal, and a little bit of romance added in.  Who is trying to scare Eve Parrish from her aunt's home and business?  



I have not read anything about the Mothman and I was intrigued.  I wanted to know if the Mothman was true, why her aunt did this or that (read the book to find out), and why was Caden so haunted.

I can not wait to read the next book in this series.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Hot Cowboy Nights by Carolyn Brown

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: