Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Review: Cloudy Mirrors

For this review, I chose Cloudy Mirrors by Shane Robert.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Blurb 

Addiction—I can’t beat it without you; I can’t beat it with you. When I’m with you, I’m addicted. The way you taste, feel, and burn will forever be my favorite. The way you fucked my life up is exactly what I asked for. I had the perfect life but was starving for something more. Then I met you. A perfect disaster I couldn’t get enough of no matter what the cost.




This is Shane Robert's debut book.  It was well written with a good storyline about addiction.  It also had great characters that were believable with a lot of emotions. 

Megan has had a rough few years.  Losing her fiancĂ© and raising 2 kids on her own.  Megan sees Michael at a party, but she does not meet him until she is at her cousin's house.  They have this connection that they can not deny, but Michael is greatly influenced by Megan's cousin, who is a drug dealer.  Michael gets addicted to heroin and Megan is not happy about this.  He is good for her kids.  I know a lot of people would be upset that she did not kick him to the curb.  I know I would, but I think Megan was in denial.  She did not want the man she could see in their life to be a drug addict.  

I am hoping their is a book #2 since there are so many unanswered questions I have.  I am looking forward to what Mr Shane Robert writes next.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Wedding Season by Samantha Chase

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: