Thursday, June 29, 2017

Review: Night Games

For this review, I chose Night Games by Alexis Anne.


I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

The Storm Inside #6

Baseball's biggest player is about to get played.

WES

I love women and women love me.
It's not my fault I'm irresistible. Okay, I may be a little cocky too.
All I have to do is post a picture of myself shirtless with my cat, Snickers, and the women flock to me.
It probably helps that I'm good with my bat and balls.

A selfie, a smile, and I have them in bed—but never in a relationship.
Until Carrie entered the game. 
She may not know it, but she owns me. And I'm not letting her go.

CARRIE

I'm a professional. No, not THAT kind of professional.
I'm an orthopedic physician for the St. Pete Mantas and my job is everything.
I love the game and I love my players … but I never fall in love with any of them.
Especially not players like Wes. Especially Wes.

He thinks life is one big game.
One sexy, romantic, and sometimes sweet, game that’s left me confused and little bit worried...
I may have actually fallen for the ultimate player.

I'll have to beat him at his own game if I have any shot at walking away with my heart intact.
 


This was my first book by Ms Anne.  I loved the book, but I had issues following along at first with six weeks earlier and present day.  If I stop reading in the middle of a chapter and I came back, I was confused until I looked at the beginning of the chapter.  So, I decided I had to read until the end of the chapter, but most times I was reading beyond that!

This was book #6 in The Storm Inside series.  This book is a standalone.  I want to read the other books in this series so I can see how the other characters got together.

Wes is a major baseball catcher.  Sexy, charming, and loves his cat, Snickers.  Carrie is a strong woman and an orthopedic surgeon.  Their chemistry was hot!!  I am surprised my iPad did not catch on fire!!  Lucky I was not reading a paperback!

Great characters.  I feel that what Carrie has gone through and her fears do happen in real life.  Some woman might look at marriage like Carrie did because of the way she was raised.  I felt so bad for her when her mother was on the phone with her.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: