Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Review: Whiskey Rebellion

For this review, I chose Whiskey Rebellion by Toni Aleo.



I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

I have to make the pain stop.

I want to feel alive, and I do when I’m drinking and partying the way I should have when I was a teen. Instead, back then, I was preparing to become the Whiskey Princess, a role assigned to me from birth.

A lady never drinks to the point of blacking out, nor does she go home with men she meets in bars. But I went home with him…Jackson.

He was more than just a one-night stand, but I learned that a wee bit late and he was gone. Or so I thought.

For when I return home, Jackson is there, and he finds out very quickly who I am.

Problem is, I’m not sure that I’ve ever known who I really am.

 ***

I can tell by looking into her blue depths that she’s absolute trouble, but I have to have her. It’s only for one night. Some fun, and I’ll be on my way. My time here is done, and I’m ready to move on to my next adventure.

What I don’t realize at the time is that she is my next adventure.

Lena excites me. She blows my mind. And her brogue? It has me in knots. I don’t even care about the rumors that surround her.

She’s hurting. I want to help her, but then my time is up.

Can I leave her?

I have to leave. I have no choice.

But I love her.
 



This is Book #3 in the Taking Risks series.  I have not read the other books in this series.

This book grabbed me from page 1 and would not let me go.  Both Jackson and Lena are broken, but maybe together things could be a lot better for each of them.  They definitely had chemistry!  

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Best Laid Plans by Brenda Jackson.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: