Thursday, June 7, 2018

Review: Sweet Disaster

For this review, I chose Sweet Disaster by Ceri Grenelle.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Sophie…has stupid awesome sex with a stranger.

New York City summers are hot and sticky, which only makes what I’m feeling for the asshole in my new apartment building even messier. Usually, I reserve my opinions for my news articles, but when Tony argues with me, he tempts me to give in to my crazy. I yell back. He smiles. Something in me melts. 

It was only supposed to be one time, but we can’t get enough. 

With Tony I’m a new person, brave and unashamed. But anything between us can only be a fling. He’s offered a job in Rome. That’s good, right? With a long history of unreliable relationships, messy emotions are a complication I don’t need.

Tony…has a new sexy neighbor. 

I’ve worked my ass off to climb the ladder at my company, even threw away my passion to prove I’m worth something. When they offer me a high position, I should be focused on my work. But no one’s ever spoken to me the way Sophie does. She pushes buttons I don't know I have. Forces me to confront a dream I gave up long ago. 

In two months, we go our separate ways. No hurt feelings. No misunderstandings. That’s the deal. She doesn’t need to know I’ll be playing for keeps.




This is Book #1 in the Stupid Awesome Love series.  I loved this book!  The way Sophie met Tony was nothing I have read before.  Sophie has an issue with trust due to having no male role models in her life.  Tony has a fear of long distance relationships because of his ex.  This book reminded me why I fell in love with my husband all those years ago.  

I can not wait to read book #2 about Sophie's sister, Gemma.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: