Friday, August 10, 2018

Review: Lucky in Love

For this review, I chose Lucky in Love by Amelia Judd.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

A Standalone Silver Bay Novel by Award-Winning Author Amelia Judd

Single-mom Claire Bennett needs to find a boyfriend. Fast. Problem is, she doesn't have the time or desire (or maybe even the ability) to manage a relationship right now. Determined to avoid her pending public humiliation, Claire resorts to hiring a fake boyfriend. Though unable to deny her troublesome attraction for her new faux beau, Claire's confident her plan will work as long as she keeps her feet firmly planted on the ground. Never again will she get swept away in a whirlwind romance that leaves her dizzy, flat on her butt, and full of regret when it ends.

Having played many positions in his career, retired soccer star Ethan DuBois happily agrees to take on the role of pretend boyfriend. After all, spending two months with the beautiful, intelligent, and intriguingly independent Claire promises to be an amusing distraction from the real--and infinitely more frustrating--reason he's back in Silver Bay.

But being with Claire soon makes Ethan realize he wants her as his partner for more than a short-term pretense. Will the clock run out before Ethan convinces Claire that life is always better when you're part of a team?
 



This is my favorite out of the first three books. I love soccer a lot. Adding a professional soccer player has become my new favorite occupation for the hero!  Now I have to wait until December to read Hannah’s book.  December can’t come fast enough. That’s saying a lot since I hate snow!!  Book 3, book 2, then book 1 are the order of my favorites. 

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: