Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Reading Now: The Scout by Carina M. Rose

  What are you reading now?

I am reading The Scout by Carina M. Rose. 



 I just started it this morning while we were waiting for my son's doctor to see him.  Ethan has a concussion and this post is a day late.  When we were in the ER on Friday night, I did start a new series, Chicago Steel, by Jessica Buss, but The Scout is due in the beginning of October,  So, I am going from hockey to baseball.  

The Scout is about a single mom having to come face to face to the man she loved in high school and the father of her son, but he does not know that.  I love single mom Thorpes mixed in with high school sweethearts, who went their separate ways after high school. So, many questions I have.  How will Cash react to the news of having a son?  How is Hannah going to react to Cash's reaction?  How is her son going to handle this secret of hers?  Will he hate his mom?

I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of this book.

Below is the description and go check this e-book out.  It is out on October 3,

Check out the description for The Scout by Carina M. Rose below.

Happy Reading
Melissa


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Hannah

I suppose it was unfair of me to assume Cash Jameson would be my forever. The golden boy of Blossom Berry Falls went from high school baseball star to the major leagues. Then he broke my heart.

So many times I wanted to tell him about our son, but fate stepped in, and years went by. Being a single mom has been my biggest accomplishment. Though it hasn’t always been easy, the joys of being a mom have granted meaning to the pain of losing Cash.

Now, fifteen years later, we meet again thanks to our high school reunion's alumni baseball game. Cash had no way of knowing that the young pitcher who struck him out was his son. But after he showed up at the door scouting the ace for the major leagues, I have no doubt he experienced the shock of his life.

Cash

Saying goodbye to Hannah was the hardest thing I’d ever done. Afraid of causing more pain, I never intended to set foot back in Blossom Berry Falls. Yet the draw of the alumni baseball game . . . and the chance to see Hannah again . . . were too powerful to resist.

After spotting Hannah in the stands, my heart sparked to life. I’d thought of her over the years but heard she’d moved on. Rather than harp on what could have been, I focused on the future—namely, the kid with the nasty curveball.

His control reminded me of myself at that age. Turned out there was a good reason for that . . . the young prodigy was the son I never knew I had. I’d missed so much of his life and refused to miss more.

Could the three of us be a family? Or were the wounds of our past too deep to heal?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: