Sunday, March 17, 2024

Guest Post: Ember Sparks

 GO TO HELL!

by

Ember Sparks




Have you ever been to Hell? I have and let me tell you… it’s not nearly as hot as you’d think. Though, it’s definitely a Hell of a lot more fun than you’d imagine. 


A road with trees on the side

Description automatically generated

But the road to Hell, much like all roads in Michigan, leave a lot to be desired.


Hell, Michigan is a real place located in Livingston County. Hell became a real town in 1841, though calling this place a “town” is being generous. In 2022, the total population was only 72. Yes, only 72. As in, less than 100 people. 



A building with a picnic table

Description automatically generated

The town itself consists of three buildings: a BBQ joint, a biker bar, and a gift shop that also houses a community library, an ice cream shop, the post office, and a mini-golf course out back. 

A brown building with signs on it

Description automatically generated

A building with a sign

Description automatically generated with medium confidence


When I first had the idea for The Savage Bloods MC, I knew I wanted a small-town setting, and originally, I was going to create a fictional town, but then I took a drive to Hell, and well… I fell in love with it. 


I knew I needed to set my story here, but I had to take some creative liberties to make things work the way I needed, so while this is set in Hell, MI, you’ll see that not everything included is fact—mostly, I added new places that don’t truly exist. 


If you ever get the chance to visit Hell, I suggest you do. It’s a charming little town that’ll offer lots of fun and laugh. 



Did you know…?

You can be Mayor of Hell for a day or even just an hour? If that much political power scares you, though, you can nominate your pet to be Mayor instead. Or any inanimate object for that matter. No, I’m really not kidding.


Did you also know…?

That for the low price of only $66.66 and just a few minutes of your time, you can get a degree from Hell’s very own Damnation University?? You can choose from 56 different degrees. My personal favorite is the Bachelors of Romanceology from the School of Literature.


Strap in folks – we’re going to Hell!


No comments: