Monday, April 20, 2015

Review: The Wisdom of Soloman

For this review, I chose The Wisdom of Soloman by John Tucker.  This is my first book by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Maritza Van Lyle is a broken, alcoholic housewife mired in a bad marriage. Soured on living by her husband's infidelity and a personal tragedy, the only light in her life is Alexandra, her preteen daughter. When Maritza is taken hostage by a sinister man with a mysterious agenda, she fights to keep her sanity and to stay alive while her captor forces her to admit intimate secrets that should stay buried. 

Torn between the bitterness and frustration at her existence, Maritza is determined not to be a docile prisoner. As the man's lethal games, caustic taunts, and dangerous threats grow more invasive and ruthless as the hours go by, she rebels, adapts, and formulates a desperate plan to escape her tormentor. 

The Wisdom of Solomon is not your usual hostage drama. It's a cat and mouse game where deceptions, revelations, and role reversals will take your breath away – and keep you turning the pages – all the way to a chilling and surprising denouement.


I don't normally read books that has mysteries.  I did not think I would like this book, but I loved it.  It was written so well.  I could not put it down.  I had to find out why and everything else.  This woman, Maritza, has gone through a lot.  I am not going to tell you because you need to read the book.  

When I was reading this, I kept thinking why did Maritza allow this man into her home?  Didn't she know that this man may not be who he says he is?  

The end of the book was beyond what I thought would happen.  The characters were coming to life off of the pages. 

I am really glad I read this book.  It had everything that I love about reading.  You know, a book that you can not stop reading.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Savage Summer by Ruth Bainbridge

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: