Friday, May 29, 2015

Review: Lovers and Liars

For this review, I chose Lovers and Liars, which is the 6th book of the Hollywood Hearts Series. 

The rest of the series:
#.5- His Leading Man,
#1- If I Loved You
#2- Red Carpet Romance 
#3- Memories of Love
#4- Movie Lovers
#5-  Love's Last Chance

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Alone in the world, Erica Wheeler needed a job or face eviction. The aspiring actress harbored a lifelong dream of movie stardom. She knew she had the talent, all she needed was a chance. Her roommate, Amy, plotted revenge on her former boss, sexy, bad-boy producer, Gunther Quill, for firing her. Together she and Erica bent the truth like a pretzel to get her a job working for Quill. He surprised her. Was he the same meanie Amy described or was he simply a smart, ambitious man on his way to the top? 
One thing Gunther Quill hated was a liar. Tough, seductive and brilliant, he prided himself on being truthful. With his sharp, new assistant, Erica Wheeler, he’d soon be the most powerful producer of musicals in Hollywood and on Broadway. Nothing could get in his way, except maybe, falling in love. Can a liar become his lover?

Wow, I can not believe that I liked Gunther.  When Gunther made an appearance in the earlier books, I did not like him at all, but now I do.  I loved that Gunther was a sweatheart to Erica, but not to Amy.  

Erica is so sweet and caring.  She did not allow Gunther to get away with anything.  Plus she did not give into him.  Erica and Gunther had a great chemistry and a sweet romance.  Did Gunther get what Amy and Erica had planned to do or did he end up with Erica?  Read this book.  I know it is a stand a lone book, but I think for you to completely understand all of the other issues with Gunther, reading 1-5 would help that.  I keep thinking did we know the real Gunther in the other books.  Some of the times we would read about him after he hurt another female.  Maybe a jealous female, who did not get what she wanted or did he truly do something awful.  During this book, I saw Gunther in new eyes.  I do believe he did not find the perfect person to spend his life with until he met Erica.  They were perfectly matched.  

I loved this book so much.  I am not sure if I can pick a favorite book out of the Hollywood Hearts series.  Each one offered something different.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Rock Season by R.L. Merrill

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: