Thursday, May 7, 2015

Review: The Mad Monk's Treasure

For this review, I chose The Mad Monk's Treasure  by Kris Bock.  This is my first book by this author.  This book is a part of a series called Southwest Treasures.  Book #2 is called The Dead Man's Treasure.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
This book was originally published under the title Rattled. 

A legendary treasure hunt in the dramatic – and deadly – New Mexico desert.... 

The lost Victorio Peak treasure is the stuff of legends – a heretic Spanish priest’s gold mine, made richer by the spoils of bandits and an Apache raider. 

When Erin, a shy history professor, uncovers a clue that may pinpoint the lost treasure cave, she prepares for adventure. But when a hit and run driver nearly kills her, she realizes she’s not the only one after the treasure. And is Drew, the handsome helicopter pilot who found her bleeding in a ditch, really a hero, or one of the enemy? 

Erin isn’t sure she can trust Drew with her heart, but she’ll need his help to track down the treasure. She heads into the New Mexico wilderness with her brainy best friend Camie and a feisty orange cat. The wilderness holds its own dangers, from wild animals to sudden storms. Plus, the sinister men hunting Erin are determined to follow her all the way to the treasure, no matter where the twisted trail leads. Erin won’t give up an important historical find without a fight, but is she ready to risk her life—and her heart? 

Just how far will Erin go to find the treasure and discover what she’s really made of? 

“The story has it all—action, romance, danger, intrigue, lost treasure, not to mention a sizzling relationship....” 

“The action never stopped .... It was adventure and romance at its best.” 

“I couldn’t put this book down. You’ll love it.” 

Fans of Mary Stewart, Barbara Michaels, and Terry Odell will enjoy these stories of love in the wild, from a New Mexico Book Award-winning author. 

The Mad Monk’s Treasure is the first book in the Southwest Treasure Hunters series, followed by The Dead Man’s Treasure. Each novel stands alone and is complete, with no cliffhangers. This contemporary romantic suspense series mixes action and adventure with one-two flames romance. The stories explore the Southwest, especially New Mexico.


I could not put down this book!!  I loved it.  It had so much packed into it:
Mystery
Action
Adventure
Treasure Hunting
A little Romance

I normally read romance books, but at times I like to read books with a bit of action and mystery in it.  This book definitely had me sitting on the edge of my seat.  Normally the background of books I read are not set in the Southwest so this was a first for me and I loved it.  It was different.

Erin and Camie are great friends, who have each other's back no matter what.  That reminds me of my best friends.  A friend like that you must have.  Good friends are hard to find.

Add in a helicopter pilot!!  Yum!  Erin does not know if he is one of those bad men after her or if he is a good guy.  Not going to tell you which one.  Read this book!!  You will love the action and the mystery behind the treasure hunting.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: The Lie 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: