Sunday, April 10, 2016

Review: Heated Match

For this review, I chose Heated Match by Lynne Silver.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
The Program: an organization of elite soldiers with superior strength, agility, and intellect. These men are willing to put their lives on the line to execute the government’s most dangerous missions. 

Journalist Loren Stanton wants nothing more than to break a big story that will catapult her career. But the only item that’s caught her eye lately is Adam Blacker, a soldier whose rugged sexiness sets her pulse racing. When rumors surface that he’s part of a classified government program, Loren has every excuse she needs to get as close to him as possible, no matter what it takes.

As team leader of a covert ops group, Adam steers clear of all journalists, but there’s no denying the blazing passion Loren stirs in him. A scorching night together convinces him their connection is more than skin-deep, still, he’s not ready to let down his guard—his genetic enhancements make him an exceptional soldier, but what woman would want to commit to his high-risk life? 

When a dangerous enemy from Adam’s past resurfaces and Loren insists on joining the fight rather than running, he’s forced to face a dark truth. This courageous, loyal woman moves him in ways he never imagined possible. And now that Adam knows she has his back, he also knows that he has to win her heart.


This is book #1 in the Coded for Love series.  Book #2 is False Match.  Book #3 is Conquered Match.  Book #4 is Desire Unmatched.  Book #5 is Desperate Match.  #6 is First Match.

I absolutely loved this book.  The idea behind this book had me at a few questions I have for Miss Silver.  How did you come up with the idea of genetic enhancement soldiers?  I kept thinking about how Adam and Loren were so attracted to one another like a magnetic.  Is that attractive due to the genetic enhancement?

This book grabs you from the first page and does not let go until the end of the month.  It leaves you wanting more.  I know this is my first book I have read about genetically enhanced soldiers.  

I can not wait to read the second book, Conquered Match.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Ace: A Bad Boy Romance Part 2 by Frankie Love. 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: