Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Review: Unpredictable Love

For this review, I chose Unpredictable Love by Jean C. Joachim.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
When Amber signed her sister’s name on a pen pal letter to a Marine, it was only meant to be a little white lie. As usual, Jory Walker, older sibling, stepped in to make her sister’s mistake right. Jory didn’t intend to send more than one or two letters.
When faced with four letters from SSGT Trent Stevens in Afghanistan, Jory had no choice but to correspond. What harm could it do? After all, she was Jory, that was no lie. But the picture Amber had sent, of herself in a bikini –well, that wasn’t Jory by a long shot.
Since she was in no danger of falling for a man so far away –Jory kept writing. SSGT Stevens could never be the man of her dreams. They had nothing in common. Or did they?
What started off as an innocent ruse, morphed into a monstrous web of deceit. Would unpredictable love break her heart?
 

This was the first in a new series for Ms Joachim.  It is called Pine Grove.  This book was a great start for this new series.  I am not sure how many books or what the titles are in it.  Once I find out, I will update it.

Amber signs up to be a pen pal to a Marine, who is overseas, but she signs her sister's name.  Now Jory is getting mail from SSGT Stevens and wondering why she has not written back.   Jory plans to write him back and come up with a reason why she can't write anymore.  Does this happen?  Or is there something about Trent that gets to her.

To me, Amber was the irresponsible one and Jory was the responsible one.  They have always been described as pretty and smart one.  Jory raised her sister once their parents died.  Then, they moved in with their aunt and they all became a close knit family.

I love the idea that these 2 had a chance to really get to know one another through letters.  With email and video chat, when was the last time you wrote an actual letter?  I am not sure if I could tell you when for me.  My favorite part was reading their letters back and forth to one another.  Will Jory tell Trent the truth about the photo?  If she does, will he forgive her?  Is Trent the man of her dreams?

I can not wait to read the other book(s) in this series.  So very excited about this new series!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: