Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review: Love Blooms on Main Street

For this review, I chose Love Blooms on Main Street by Olivia Miles.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.




Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Love is always in season . . .

Florist Ivy Birch fantasizes about the day a man will surprise her with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Especially if that man happens to be Brett Hastings. One stolen kiss at her best friend's wedding and Ivy can't get the sexy ER doctor out of her head.

In the small town of Briar Creek, you can't avoid anyone for very long. Not that Brett has been trying to avoid Ivy. He just can't afford to let anything distract him from his work-not again. So when a hospital fundraiser throws them together, love is the last thing on his mind. But with her quick wit and sweet laugh, soon the one woman he's tried to keep at arm's length is capturing his heart...


This is book #4 of the Briar Creek.  I have read book #3 (Hope Springs on Main Street), too, and loved it.  I need to catch up on the first 2 books (Mistletoe on Main Street and A Match Made on Main Street).

This book was about Ivy Birch and Dr Brett Hastings.  Ivy is a florist.  I love that her name is Ivy and she loves flowers!  Being a florist, no man has given her flowers and she wishes that with all her heart.  Every woman loves flowers (I think).  Brett is back in town working at the local hospital because of an error he made.  He feels that to do his best work he must keep those he love at arms length.  I have no clue where Brett came up with this, but with those you love surrounding you, you will do your work much better than when there is no one around you.  Everyone needs a support system.


I am looking forward to reading Book #5 (Christmas Comes to Main Street).  I love this small town of Briar Creek and all of the people in it.  Miss Miles' writing has me hooked on her books and I look forward to reading not just the Briar Creek series, but anything else she has written.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Must Love Wieners by Casey Griffin.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: