Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Review: How to Color like an Artist

For this review, I chose How to Color like an Artist by Veronica Winters. 

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
These simple, step-by-step instructions for techniques using colored pencils offer suggestions and exercises for adult colorists wishing to develop their coloring skills. Full-color photographs illustrate a wide variety of methods including creating texture, layering, and blending. The guide also features eight practice plates from Dover's bestselling Creative Haven® series. 





I have been buying some adult coloring books for me and my daughter, Ashleigh.  Ashleigh loves adult coloring books and wants to be an artist.

I like how the book starts out with the basic materials that you will need.    I love the giraffe photo.  I did not know that you start with the background first.  Then, the leaves before you color the giraffes.  I love how the author used different techniques and colors for the same photo.

I wished there was more in this book, but other than that I liked it!
☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: A Charmed Little Lie by Sharla Lovelace.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: