Monday, April 10, 2017

Review: Toughest Cowboy in Texas

For this review, I chose Toughest Cowboy in Texas by Carolyn Brown.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:


The Spark of an Old Flame

Last time Lila Harris was in Happy, Texas, she was actively earning her reputation as the resident wild child. Now, a little older and wiser, she's back to run her mother's café for the summer. Except something about this town has her itching to get a little reckless and rowdy, especially when she sees her old partner-in-crime, Brody Dawson. Their chemistry is just as hot as ever. But he's still the town's golden boy-and she's still the wrong kind of girl.

Brody hasn't had much time lately for anything other than ranching. Running the biggest spread in the county and taking care of his family more than keeps him busy. All that responsibility has him longing for the carefree days of high school-and Lila. She may have grown up, but he still sees that spark of mischief in her eyes. Now he's dreaming about late-night skinny dipping and wondering how he can possibly resist the one woman he can never forget...
 

I loved this book.  This book has been one of my favorites of the year that I have read.  Lila Harris has a reputation of being a wild child since she was younger.  That reputation did not follow her when she left Happy, Texas, but now that Lila is home she is conflicted with who she really is?  The school teacher?  Or the wild child?  The wild child wants to come out and play especially with Brody Dawson, but the school teacher in her says no.  Which one will win?


I was hooked from page one.  I could not stop reading.  I love books about cowboys!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: One Wild Night by Melissa Cutler.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: