Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Review: One Perfect Lie

For this review, I chose A Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottline.

I requested an ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

On paper, Chris Brennan looks perfect. He's applying for a job as a high school government teacher, he's ready to step in as an assistant baseball coach, and his references are impeccable.

But everything about Chris Brennan is a lie.

Susan Sematov is proud of her son Raz, a high school pitcher so athletically talented that he's being recruited for a full-ride scholarship to a Division I college, with a future in major-league baseball. But Raz’s father died only a few months ago, leaving her son in a vulnerable place where any new father figure might influence him for good, or evil.

Heather Larkin is a struggling single mother who lives for her son Justin's baseball games. But Justin is shy, and Heather fears he is being lured down a dark path by one of his teammates, a young man from an affluent family whose fun-loving manner might possibly conceal his violent plans.

Mindy Kostis succumbs to the pressure of being a surgeon's wife by filling her days with social events and too many gin and tonics. But she doesn’t know that her husband and her son, Evan, are keeping secrets from her – secrets that might destroy all of them. 

At the center of all of them is Chris Brennan. Why is he there? What does he want? And what is he willing to do to get it?

Enthralling and suspenseful, One Perfect Lie is an emotional thriller and a suburban crime story that will have readers riveted up to the shocking end, with killer twists and characters you won’t soon forget.



This book has opened my eyes a little.  I have set up a circle of trust with my kids.  If someone is not in that circle, then they do not share information with that person.  It has been awhile since we talked about this and this book made me realize I need to do that.  You never know in this world today what someone really is like behind closed doors.

I can not believe that I have not read any from this author with how popular she is.  I do know that I have wanted to read other books from her and I plan to.

This storyline could happen in real life and that is scary.  It had my mind wondering if it is possible for a man or woman to get a job with a school district in order to pull of some kind of plan.  It frightens me that this man, Chris Brennan, looks for the easiest kid to help him.  It had me thinking would my children do that.  Will they allow someone to use them like this?

I want to thank Ms Scottline for having me think so much about this possibility that I want to have this talk with my children.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: SEAL You in My Dreams by Sharon Hamilton.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: