Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: Pitch Dark

For this review, I chose Pitch Dark by Alex Grayson & A.M. Wilson.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
One girl disappeared. After fifteen years, her cold lifeless body was found on the damp forest floor. Not an inch of her was unmarked by the horrors she endured. Alone, malnourished, abused in horrific ways; this was how she died.

One girl was found walking the streets, covered in dirt and scars. She had no memory of who she was, where she came from, or what happened to her. Even though the marks on her body attested to years of heinous abuse, her strength shone through at every turn.

Revenge and justice were sworn.

Years of searching brought up nothing but dead ends. Detective Niko James was too late to save his childhood friend, but he vows not to let down another. 

The clock is ticking and the trail is pitch dark.
 

This book was wow!! I was not expecting this book to be so emotional and at times very hard to read due to the dark parts.  I loved the twists and turns that these 2 authors did.  It was wow!  I do not want to say much because I don't want to give away anything good.

Niko was very determined to find his childhood best friend that has been missing for 15 years.  He would do anything to find her.  Then, a shooting happens in his yard and a female is found close to his home.  Is this all related together?

Each character was written so very well.  The dark areas were hard to read, but I knew that they could give clues to what, who, when, etc.  


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: