Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Book Review: The Holiday Dilemma by S.L. Sterling

 For this review, I chose The Holiday Dilemma by S.L. Sterling

I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. My bakery, The Crispy Biscuit, is all decorated and every year I feature a new holiday recipe. This year, it’s none other than my soft, gooey, and oh so sticky cinnamon buns. As I’m making the first batch, I sit down to read through my favorite baking magazine only to find out that they are going to be filming their Countdown to Christmas Bake Off event right here in Willow Valley.
I’d entered this contest the last two years, both times coming in second place. Everyone tells me that the third time is a charm and so with the whole town routing for me I enter my cinnamon buns.

The day of the try-outs I arrive with my buns and a smile, only to discover Tristan Ryan sitting on the judge’s panel. We went to culinary school together. We didn’t have a good relationship then, especially when he voiced that he didn’t think I deserved to be at one of the top culinary schools if all I was going to do was take over my mother’s bakery back in my small hometown.
There was no way I was going to let him get to me. When my name was called, I raised my head high and climbed up the stairs to the stage. That was when it happened, my ankle went rolling, my rolls went flying, and my mouth…well I started cursing. I’m still not convinced the trip was just an accident.

Tristan claimed the guilt, I guess that’s why he stayed. He even moved right into my house beside the bakery. He took care of me and my broken ankle, and even volunteered to help with the bakery. To my surprise, the criticism seemed to stop, and something else started. I was beginning to like the big dumb jerk.

I don’t know what I was thinking, a week later, he was itching to go, but promised to stay long enough for the contest. I knew it would never last. After all, Tristan always had a way of testing my patience, and I was convinced he’d decide soon enough there was nothing for him in this little town, including me, so what harm would come from a little fling?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is book #2 in The Willow Valley Series.  Definitely a dilemma if you hurt yourself during the craziest time of the year and have to be on your feet to get everything done. All of her employees counted on her. Love the town’s love for Brooke and everyone. Tristan and Brooke met at Culinary School. They didn’t actually see things the same. Now Tristan is back in her hometown. Let the fireworks begin!!

CAWFILE: 9.57
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: