Friday, July 28, 2023

Excerpt: The Hate Date by Kaylene Winter

 The Hate Date
Kaylene Winter


Publication date: July 24th 2023
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Excerpt:

My skin prickles when Joar comes up behind me. Leans down and whispers in my ear, “Hi, Clover.”

God, I’m so sick of this. He somehow shows up to every single date I’ve been on. I whirl around to face the man I hate with every ounce of my being, who just happens to be the man I want to fuck with every ounce of my being too.

It’s so confusing.

JJ,“ I sneer. Flick my gaze quickly away.

His driver gets out and stands to the side. Joar acknowledges him with a wave as he returns his attention to me, smirking, “You look scrumptious. Your date couldn’t handle you?”

“That is none of your business.“ I toss my head. Flounce toward my car.

That’s when I make a big mistake. I look back at him. To find his violet eyes regarding me like he’s about to toss me on the hood of the car, yank my panties down and fuck me raw in front of this entire crowd of people.

Oh God. Why does that make me even hotter?

Nevertheless, the reality of the situation is: I’m being cornered by curious photographers. All around me bright flashes of light close in. Dozens of people yell, “Clover.”

My claustrophobia kicks in. I freeze.

In a flash, Joar’s strong arm winds around my waist and he whisks me to the driver’s side of my car. “You’re safe now,” he assures.

I stiffen when I realize he’s touching me. No matter how much he wants to change my mind, I don’t trust this guy. I hate what he did to me. Hate that he’s still having me followed. It’s not cool.

He may have given me the best sex of my life, but I can’t allow myself to weaken and find myself naked and writhing under him.

It would be all over then.

 

Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble


Author Bio:

When she was only 15, Kaylene Winter wrote her first rocker romance novel starring a fictionalized version of herself, her friends and their gorgeous rocker boyfriends. After living her own rockstar life as a band manager, music promoter and mover and shaker in Seattle during the early 1990’s, Kaylene became a digital media legal strategist helping bring movies, television and music online. Throughout her busy career, Kaylene lost herself in romance novels across all genres inspiring her to realize her life-long dream to be a published author. She lives in Seattle with her amazing husband and dog. She loves to travel, throw lavish dinner parties and support charitable causes supporting arts and animals.

Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments: