Sunday, September 10, 2023

Reading Now: Mariëtte Whitcomb & Jessica Myel

  What are you reading now?

I am reading 2 books right now.  Normally I do not do this.

I started reading Wild Fire by Jessica Myel prior to getting the ARC for Death Isn't Enough.  Once I got it, I went to reading Death Isn't Enough because it's due date is before Wild Fire. but when I am waiting to pick up my son or husband from work and I am sitting in a dark car alone in a parking lot, I can not get myself to read Death Isn't Enough by Mariëtte Whitcomb (Sorry Mariëtte!) .

I love the Wild Series by Jessica Myel.  There are 4 books in this series.  If you love small town romance with cowboys, then check this series out on Kindle Unlimited.  I read the first 3 on KU.

I have been getting into more books like Death Isn't Enough.  It intrigues me to figure out all of the questions: why, who, when, where, and how.  I can not wait to read more in this book to find out all of those questions.  I have read other books by Mariëtte Whitcomb and I loved her books.

So, what are you reading today? Please share.  Below the gray line are the book descriptions for each book with links.

Happy Reading!
Melissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of these books.

Book #1
Wild Fire by Jessica Myel

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Love is Useless.

Lacey Donahue
They say judgment comes in many forms, and I experienced it on a stage most of my life. I was judged on my looks and my ability to perform. Then I finally saw my way out, and I took it. I didn’t care what the cost was. I had hoped leaving pageantry behind would give me the freedom I had always longed for. For the first time, I would have the chance to make my own decisions. Then my parents arranged a marriage between me and a stern cowboy to settle their debt that no amount of money could pay. But looks can be deceiving, and freedom must be won, so I would fight until it was mine, no matter the cost.

Colby West
I pride myself on my pragmatism and foresight. My goal always has been and always will be to continue my family’s legacy. I chose to launch West Ranch into its next era. Everything was working just as I planned. Then I missed a payment. I had a plan, but then the terms changed. In my haste to figure out how to pay it as quickly as possible, I was presented with an option that would give me the time I needed to catch up —marriage. I had never given it, or love, any thought. I found it useless. Regardless, I would not be marrying for love. I would be marrying to fix the problem.

What I didn’t see coming was a formidable woman full of resilience that would not only shake my carefully laid plans. But change them and show me a better way, because the cost was higher than I or my family could pay.

Book #2
Death Isn't Enough by Mariëtte Whitcomb
Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Noa Morgan worked hard to put the past and Emily behind her. Not that she remembers much about the forty days she spent in captivity.

When Noa realises she is being stalked, she knows it’s him. Despite everything she’s done, he’s found her. And now he’s killing innocent women, leaving an item at each crime scene still vivid in her memory.

With the body count rising, Noa can no longer hide the truth from her new friends. Not if she wants to keep them alive.

The worst part is … that Emily died for nothing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------


FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: