Thursday, June 11, 2015

Review: Accidental Seal

For this review, I chose Accidental Seal by Sharon Hamilton.  This is book #1 in the Seal Brotherhood Series.  This is my first audio I have ever listened to and my first book by this author.   I like the idea that I can put in my earphone into my iphone and go about my cleaning, etc, while I listen.  Or put the earphones in when I am at an appointment and don't want to speak to anyone I don't want to.  The only thing I had issues with when I was listening was my left ear hurt a little at first.  I have to have the earphones since my children are home and they love to walk into my room without knocking.  I am an audible newbie!

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Christy Nelson embarks on her new career in Real Estate by holding her first open house. Entering the wrong house, by accident, she finds the nude sleeping body of a young man.

Navy SEAL Kyle Lansdowne, on a mission to find his AWOL Team buddy, is staying at his buddy’s home while investigating the disappearance. When someone breaks in, he takes protective measures. He doesn’t expect to find that a beautiful young woman is responsible for his teammate’s abduction.

What starts out as a meeting by accident becomes a hot affair neither one is ready for. Kyle is conflicted about getting Christy involved in his mission, but his hand is forced when he learns the same San Diego gang responsible for his teammate’s abduction has kidnapped her.

Battling a cadre of dirty law enforcements hell-bent on getting military equipment, especially state-of-the-art firepower, Kyle is forced to admit that he would die to protect her.

I was not sure what I would think about listening to an audio, but I loved the idea of being able to get up and do whatever needs to get done.  There were several times I would put my iphone into my pocket and go down to the basement to change around the clothes in the washer to the dryer.  Or I did dishes.  Or sat on the front porch waiting for my daughter to get home from school.

In this book, we got a lot.  
Seals!!!
Mystery
Suspense
Hot Sex
Action
Great Chemistry
Action

Was Christy involved in the AWOL Team buddy?  Was she in the wrong house?  Where is this AWOL Team buddy?   What a way to meet a man?  Who is doing this all?  I love the nickname Kyle gave Christy. 

I do like the book.  Kyle sounded irresistible.  Both Christy and Kyle had great chemistry and a deep connection.   The descriptions was very well done and I could imagine it all.  

I am not used to audio, but I was not so sure about the voice I was listening to.  So, I gave it 4 stars.  The one voice I could not stand was Christy's.  The voice made her sound weak and very needy.  As I said before, I am a audio newbie so maybe it is just because I do not like that voice.  My favorite voice was of Fredo.  He was very funny.
☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!
Listen to another audio? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Second Chances by Kristi Rose

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: