Monday, June 29, 2015

Review: SEAL's Code

For this review, I chose SEAL's Code: Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3: Book #10 by Sharon Hamilton, which is my second book I have read by this author.  This book comes out tomorrow, June 30. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Danny Begay has tried to drive out the voices of his ancestors for most of his young life, but the life springing from his Navajo roots will not die. Summoned back to visit his dying grandfather, one of the original Navajo Code Talkers. Ashamed he has disappointed his hero grandfather he buries himself one more time in the arms of a stranger before he goes back to his home in Northern California.

Luci Tohe teaches at the reservation school, safeguarding the health of her ailing mother and little sister’s future, at the temporary expense of her own. She doesn’t expect the young Dine warrior she meets to be anything but a distraction from her loneliness. She knows she will dream about their hot encounter for years.

Danny cleans his life up, joins the Navy and becomes a SEAL, where he becomes the man he knew he was destined to become. Between deployments, he goes back visit the girl he cannot get out of his mind. The reservation has become a dangerous place for Luci’s family and soon Danny is embroiled in not only saving Luci, but her whole family as well.
 


Another great book by Sharon Hamilton!!  I love reading about Navy SEALs.  It is in my top 4 (Firemen, Marines, Cowboys).  I was a little bit confused in the beginning of the book, but I understood why after a chapter or 2.  In Book #1, we had the main character already being a SEAL in the beginning, but in this book, Danny had to go through some growing up to do and then, he decided to get his life together and being a SEAL was just what he needed.  

In this book, we got a lot.  
Seals!!!
Mystery
Suspense
Hot Sex
Action
Great Chemistry
Action


Luci is my favorite character.  Luci is a strong woman and would do anything for her family.  Her sister, Sarah, is everything to her and will protect her.   She meets Danny because she is lonely.  Danny has denied his heritage and refused to listen to the voices of his ancestors, but when he needed them, there they were.  

There are 2 things about this book that stood out for me.  I don't remember reading a book about the Native American heritage and it was nice to read about.  The other thing is that this SEAL was not a SEAL in the beginning of the book.  


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Fallen Seal Legacy by Sharon Hamilton

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.




No comments: