Friday, July 3, 2015

Review: Pink Pucks and Power Plays

For this review, I chose Pink Pucks and Power Plays by V.L. Locey, which is my first book by this author.  This is book #1 in the To Love a Wildcat series.
Book #2- A Most Unlikely Countess
Book #3- O Captain! My Captain!
Book #4- Reality Check
Book #5- Language of Love
Book #6- Final Shifts

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Viviana Land just can`t seem to say no to her younger sister. Somehow, the curvaceous society page reporter gets lassoed into serving as her niece`s Busy Bee scout leader. One overheated engine later, Viviana and her girls find themselves in the Green Hills Ice Rink. Enter Alain Lessard, the charmingly handsome defenseman for the Philadelphia Wildcats, who is donating his summer to coaching the youth league.

When our intrepid reporter is given the opportunity to write the break-out story of her career, Viviana leaps at the chance. Thinking it would be easy to flirt and tease some juicy tidbits out of Alain, Viviana soon finds herself falling for the sensual, younger, kind-hearted man. Will she put aside her virtual pen for a chance to stay at her new paramour`s side? Or will Viviana finally get away from those mundane bakery opening articles by using the man she may possibly be in love with?

I loved Violet, Viviana's younger sister, and mother of 4 kids.  In the beginning of the book, I was thinking "wow, this is me at times!"  Violet needed time to herself before she lost it (more than she has).  I have learned when you are stretched too thin something has to give and start saying "No, I can't do that!"  In the last year, I have slowed down a lot. 


I love the character of Viviana.  She is full of life, spirit, and anything else you can think of.  I kept thinking that Viviana should not be hiding what she does for a living and should not be hiding about the break-out story she is to write.  It is disaster waiting to happen.

This is a part of the To Love a Wildcat series.  I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Beyond the Bars

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: