Sunday, July 26, 2015

Review: SEAL The Deal

For this review, I chose SEAL The Deal by Sharon Hamilton.  This is Book #4 in the SEAL Brotherhood Series.

I have read the following books in this series:

Book #1- Accidental SEAL (Audio) 
Book #2- Fallen Seal Legacy (Audio)
Book #3- SEAL Under Covers (Audio)
Book #9- SEAL of My Home  (Audio)
Book #10- SEAL's Code


I received a copy of the Audio for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Special Operator Nick Dunn gets the call he has been dreading since before his last deployment. His sister is in her final stages of cancer. He and his Team 3 roommate drive up to Sonoma County from Coronado to help her shut down her failing nursery business and tie up her final affairs.

Nick only vaguely remembers Devon Brandeburg, his sister’s best friend, but boy has she grown up. Last time he saw her was five years ago when he graduated BUD/s and completed SEAL qualification to obtain his Trident. Sparks begin to fly between the two of them, but not in the normal way for Nick. The woman wants nothing to do with him.

Devon Brandeburg has created a small financial fortune through her success in real estate. Her career is her main focus, but a closely guarded secret is her total lack of experience with men. After all, who needs them? Especially when their testosterone-stuffed egos suck all the air out of the room, like Nick’s does.

Nick’s sister requires two things of the both of them as her dying wish. 1. Nick and Devon must find a buyer for the nursery together, not allowing to her nasty winery owner neighbor next door to get his hands on her piece of heaven. 2. They date at least five times before she passes on.

What starts as a deathbed promise turns out to be a hot affair neither one expected. Nick becomes Devon’s teacher in her journey to womanhood. As she comes alive in his arms, the student brings the teacher something he’s never allowed himself to want, and now knows he needs.
 


In this book, we got a lot.  
SEALs
Brotherhood
Passion
Intrigue
Heat
Sadness
Family
Death

I can not believe how sad this was in the beginning and then later on in the book.  Ok.  There was many areas where it was so sad.  Nick's sister, Sophie, is dying.  Her cancer is not going away.  I had so many emotions especially sadness.  Crying at times.  I felt so bad for Sophie.  It was not fair.  She has not done so many things she may want to experiences like falling in love, getting married, and having children.

Nick and Mark (a SEAL buddy) came up to help get Sophie's nursery to sale.  Sophie had some conditions for both Nick and Devon.
1. Find a buyer for the nursery together.
2. Don't sale it to her nasty winery neighbor next door.
3.  Nick and Devon go out at least 5 times together.

I loved the character of Sophie.  She has this great spirit even though she is dying.  Sophie has affected everyone around her in a different way.  I had this feeling when I started listening to this that Sophie does not want her brother to be alone.  I just wished that Mark and Sophie could have had a life together.

Devin is losing her best friend.  She is lost and will be alone.

I enjoyed J.D. Harts' voice much more this book than I have the other books.  

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: A Most Unlikely Countess by V.L. Locey

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: