Monday, July 6, 2015

Review: To Love a Marine

For this review, I chose To Love a Marine by Reana Malori.  This is a short read.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Captain Scott Henry knows that Sgt. Imani Johnson doesn't believe him when he tells her he wants more than just a fling. Imani believes that Scott is just looking for something short-term and doesn't dare get her hopes up that he wants a real relationsip with her. After pushing him away because she thinks she is protecting both her heart and his career, Imani doesn’t think she’ll ever get another chance. It will take a wedding, a goodbye, several tears, and a whole lot of convincing to make her understand what it means to Love a Marine.

This was such a sweet romantic book.  Yes, I am a romantic at heart.  Imani sees this man when she is heading to her new location as a Marine.  She had this instant attraction to him, but he is off limits because he is a Captain.  Scott sees Imani and has the same instant attraction to her.  Can they both wait to have a future together after she leaves the Marines?  Will she leave the Marines?  Imani is strong and beautiful.

Scott waited 4 years to have her.  He is determined to make her his.  Will he be able to let her go?  Will she be able to let him go?

I do wish this book was a little longer.  Once I started reading, I could not stop.  It was well written and very believable.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: