Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: Abiding Echoes

For this review, I chose Abiding Echoes, which is Book #3 in The Echoes of Orson’s Folly series by Kay Springsteen.  I have read Elusive Echoes, which is Book #2.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Love is family…

The McGee family is devastated when their beloved patriarch, Justin, suffers a heart attack. Having lost their mother too soon, Ryan and Sean can only pray for their father’s recovery.

Love is endless…

Justin knows how much his children love and need him, but he's tired and they have families of their own now. Watching his sons with their wives is bittersweet for him, because it makes him miss his beloved Beth all the more. Not a day goes by when he doesn't think about her... want to be with her.

Love is timeless…

And suddenly, she's there. With him, beside him in some strange way he doesn't understand. But speaking and reminiscing with her about the day they met and how they fell in love seems more real than the heartbroken family holding vigil at his bedside.

Love is abiding…

Justin's love for Beth has only strengthened over their years apart and he's longed for the time when he'd see her again. Finally, that time is here. Who has the greater claim on him, his family… his grandchildren… or the love of his life?
 

I need to start with the description on Goodreads.  I love how this is within it:
Love is family...
Love is endless...
Love is timeless...
Love is abiding...
This is all true.  It tells you a little bit of what to come.  Justin loves his wife and does not want to live his life without her.  It makes you think the what ifs.  I do not want to live my life without my husband, but could I?  It also makes me think about how blessed I am.

This was a very powerful emotional read, and an amazing love story.  When you find someone like Justin found in Beth, you do not let go.  You fight to be together.  

One of my favorite phrases in this book is "People...that's the important consideration."  This is so true.  If it was not for the people in our life, it would be so boring.  I know my life would be without my husband and kids.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: In Touch

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: