Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Review: In Touch

For this review, I chose In Touch by Cd Brennan, which is my first book I have read by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Sexy. Passionate. Fierce.

Irish rugby star, Padraig O’Neale, has fecked up his life and is one angry man. When caught using a banned substance for his back pain, Padraig is excused from both his provincial club and the Irish International team. Right before World Cup selection. Out of choices, his agent convinces Padraig to play for a small American club in Michigan. Just until things settle down. But when Coach asks the team physical therapist, Gillian Sommersby, to help the newest Blues player with his issues, Padraig finds himself trying every wacky treatment out there from stinky salves to music to yoga. Like her therapies, the therapist herself is a bit…odd. The cute college grad in Converse and glasses doesn’t seem all that impressed with Padraig’s celebrity status, nor gives a shite about his excuses. As it turns out, she might be exactly what he needs…
 

I think this is my first book I have read with Rugby as the sport.  It was nice to learn about a sport I do not know about.  I love the characters.  

Are there situations and/or characters you can identify with, if so how?  Padraig had back surgery 6 months ago.  He is addicted to pain meds.  I can identify with Padraig.  Not the addiction, but for the back surgery.  I had back surgery in December, 2007.  My back surgery has been labeled as a failed back surgery.  Since before my surgery and after, my pain is daily.  In the last few years, it is worse.  My pain management doctor knows how I feel about pain meds.  I will not take heavy pain meds.  The ones that are addicting.  I do not want to take a chance of becoming addicted.  My doctor and I just had this talk the last time I saw him.  We also talked about how I would rather deal with the pain than to take anything.  It will be 8 years in December since my surgery.  It has been a long 8 years of being in pain.  A new thing I told my doctor was that I am going to have to deal with this when I am older.  A lot older.  I don't want to be on pain meds for 40+ years.  That is too long.   I love that addiction was in this book.  Addiction needs to be highlighted. 

I will definitely want to read Book #2 in the Play On Series.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Friendly Engagement

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: