Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review: The Reluctant Cougar

For this review, I chose Reluctant Cougar by Morgan Kay. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
A sexy, younger man pursues Ashlee; she’s almost decided to let him catch her. 

The very last thing Ashlee expected was to meet a hot, younger guy Nick, at her boyfriend’s funeral. The tall, soft-spoken man comforted her with stories of her boyfriend since he studied under him. Grateful for Nick’s help and the mutual connection they both shared with the deceased, they kept in contact. 

Ashlee managed to ignore his hints for drinks and meetings, putting it down to politeness. He felt sorry for her. There was no way he could be interested in a woman at least a decade older than he was. That was until her work posse caught scent of the story and urged her to give the man a chance. Ashlee knew she had to be the most reluctant cougar in the history of womankind, but what did she have to lose? 


This was a short read and it held my attention the entire time.  This is Book #2 is the Steamy Interlude Series.
Book #1- Blind Date
Book #2- Reluctant Cougar
Book #3- Cub in Love
Book #4- Puppy Love
Book #5- Perfect Stranger
Book #6- Incognito  

This book was about having a second chance at love when you have lost the one you love.  I loved that we saw Ashlee's boyfriend in the eyes of Nick.  That she was able to see that her boyfriend loved having her in his life.  Ashlee is a strong woman, who put her needs aside so she could comfort her boyfriend's family.  I love how they opened their hearts to her.  Ashlee meets Nick at her boyfriend's funeral.  She did not think she would meet a hot younger man there.  But, Ashlee had to focus on her grieve first before she could think of finding someone new.  Nick gave that time she needed and did not push her.  He was so sweet with her.  

I gave 4 stars because I did not think it was exactly erotic.  It was not like the other books I have read in this genre.  I also wanted to know more about what happened between Ashlee and Nick.


☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: