Sunday, December 25, 2016

Review: Danielle Walker's Against All Grains Celebrations

For this review, I chose Danielle Walker's Against All Grains Celebrations by Danielle Walker.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
rom the two-time New York Times best-selling author ofthe Against All Grain series, comes 125 recipes for grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free comfort food recipes for holidays and special occasions. 

When people adopt a new diet for health or personal reasons, it's the parties, holidays, and events with strong food traditions they worry about most. In Celebrations, best-selling author Danielle Walker provides recipes and menus for twelve special occasions, from a child's birthday party and baby shower, to a backyard barbeque, romantic Valentine's Day dinner for two, and even a Halloween party. Of course, Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, New Year's Eve party, and Easter/Passover brunch are also covered--along with suggestions for beverages and cocktails and the all-important desserts. Nearly every recipe is photographed, and food and party images shot on location provide beautiful and creative entertaining ideas. Delicious and easy-to-prepare dishes encourage the whole family to get into the kitchen and create lasting memories--no matter what the occasion.



I was really happy when I was approved for this cookbook.  Living my life with Celiac Disease was been hard at first.  Finding cookbooks like this one helps me live healthier.  To me, living gluten free is not a fade, but a way to be healthier.  Eating gluten makes me very sick.

In the beginning, I was scared to make baking dishes from scratch like I used to.  Well, I still am.  In the next few months, I am going to bake from scratch once again.  I love that Ms Danielle Walker breaks down all of the holidays including Mother's Day and Father's Day.  I want to make the Chocolate cake and vanilla cakes for my kids' birthdays.

Well written with photos.  I have one of her other cookbooks and this one I have to go buy.
☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: If Santa was a Cowboy by Melissa Cutler

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: