Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review: A Heap of Texas Trouble

For this review, I chose A Heap of Texas Trouble by Carolyn Brown.

I requested ARC copy of the ebook through Netgalley in exchanged for a honest review.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
(Originally published as The Red-Hot Chili Cook-Off.)

One woman's quest for chili perfection
Carlene Lovell is going to hit her no-good, deadbeat, cheatin' ass, soon-to-be ex-husband where it hurts: at the annual chili cook-off, which he's won for 10 years in a row. To win, though, she'll need more than a little help...

Is another man's second chance at love
Police Chief Jack Landry has been smitten with Carlene forever. Now that she needs some help keeping the peace (and getting revenge), it's his chance to prove that not all men are dogs....

This is Book #2 of the Cadillac, Texas series. Carlene finds out that her husband of five years has been cheating on her.  She wants a divorce.  Jack wants to go out with Carlene, but needs to give her time and is waiting until the right time.

I could not stand Carlene's husband or soon to be ex husband's mother.  That woman is something else.  To blame Carlene for her son's mistakes is bold.  I laughed, cried, and laughed some more.  I loved the small town knowing everything!!

Loved the book, but it was hard for me to follow.  So many characters.  I know they were in book #1, too, but I was still confused at times with who was who.




☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Animal Planet Baby Animals.

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: