Friday, March 13, 2020

Book Review: Circle of Hurt

For this review, I chose Circle of Hurt by Lauren Campbell.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for an honest review of this book.


Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
UNTITLED, RAW & UNEDITED SNEAK PEEK at my newest upcoming release.

Chapter 1

Pain relievers. You stare at the multitude of options at your fingertips, a whining toddler at your feet.
Vitamins. I back away from them, and watch you ruffle the shock of blonde before taking the tiny hand that claws at your leg.
The commotion in the store falls silent. I'm paralyzed, my throat constricted, hands sweaty, eyes burning because I refuse to blink out of fear you'll be gone.
You bite your lip, your eyes scanning the back of a box of Dimetapp before you mumble something to the girl. She is persistent. Throws a tantrum. You pick her up, my eyes trained on the strength of your arms—the muscular lines that cut across your skin.
You are beautiful.
“You ready?”
A small gasp leaves me as I force myself to look at my husband, all four chambers of my heart ripping as I wish for something else. “Yes,” I whisper, hand snatching up the nearest bottle of what I came here for, and allowing my hair to shield my face.
“Well, hurry up. We've been in here long enough.”
You turn your head at the frost in his tone, the little girl now snug on your hip, snot glistening from her upturned nose, and I surrender. When our eyes connect, a wave of longing erodes my veins, and I see the same in those bright greens of yours. They widen at me, need and desire and understanding packaged beneath one bow.
I can smell a cheater from a mile away. I know them, because I am one. Once a cheater, always a cheater, right?
I want you.
And you … your scent is strong. 




The end…tears. Written so beautifully.  I was torn.  If I was the wife, who was pregnant with someone’s husband’s baby.  How would I feel? Confused.  If my husband got another woman pregnant, how would I feel? Angry and hurt.  I loved how the description of the affair was used in the book.

This was the first book I read by this author and it won't be the last.  Awesome book!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: