Monday, April 19, 2021

Book Review: Don't Call Me Greta by Angie Stanton

 For this review, I chose Don't Call Me Greta by Angie Stanton.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for an honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Don’t Call Me Greta is a poignant story filled with intrigue, adventure and the struggle of family loyalties.

Piper Winslow’s life is destroyed when her mother is arrested for kidnapping her as an infant. With her mom in jail and her real family about to reclaim her as Greta—her birth name—what can she do? Run, of course.

Escaping close calls and dominating headlines while eluding authorities, Piper and an unlikely passenger are on a harrowing adventure.

Piper’s birth parents are determined. She is discovered and returned to her real family… but not everyone is happy to see her.

As Piper struggles to cope in her new life, she hits one obstacle after another. This family that appears so perfect on the outside, harbors secrets, and nothing is as it seems...

Will she ever be fully accepted?
Will she ever fit in?
Will they ever stop calling her Greta? (less)


This book was one of the best I have read so far this year.  I had to know what/who/why. I read this in one sitting. It was so good. Kept me on the edge of my seat. Perfectly written. I couldn’t imagine being in Piper/Greta’s shoes. To be torn away from the only family she knew. Then to go to a new state, start a new school, with a new family in a strange house would be harder. I found a new to me author!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: