Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Book Review: Always Been Write by Jami Rogers

                             For this review, I chose Always Been Write by Jami Rogers.

I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of this book.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Writing a spicy romance novel with your best guy friend isn’t a problem.
Picturing him as you write the steamy scenes … now that could get complicated.

Tobias Banks is a bestselling romance author and my best friend. He’s smart, brilliant, and kind-hearted. He has never shown an interest in settling down, and he’s the one constant in my life I know I can depend on for anything.

So it shouldn’t surprise me that as soon as my personal life shatters, he’s there, picking up the pieces and reminding me who I am.

In a matter of days, we are back to our lively banter. I’m living in his spare room, and now, he’s helping me achieve my lifelong dream of writing a romance novel.

Life feels good again, free … except I’m not looking at him as the friend whom I used to pull all-night study sessions with during college. Nope, I’m looking at him as the man who walks into the kitchen each morning shirtless, smirks when I say something he likes to hear, wears shirts that hug his arms a lot tighter than I remember, and looks at me as if I’m his next meal.

Falling for my best friend isn’t smart. I can’t lose him, but if I’ve learned anything since we set out on this journey together, it’s that love doesn’t make the rules; we do.

And we only get one chance to do it right.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the first book I have read by Jami Rogers.  This was a slow friends to lovers burn.  Either of them ever saw each other as anything other than best friend until they start writing a book together.  Once they start writing sex scenes, do you think sex will be on each of their minds?  How it would feel to be with one another?  

I need to read more from this author.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: