Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Book Review: Keep Tuscany by Kelly Kay

 For this review, I chose Keep Tuscany by Kelly Kay.

I received an ARC copy of the e-book for an honest review of this book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
What if you got a star-crossed Italian do-over?

Single Dad, Second Chance, Soulmates, Friends To Lovers

When life gives you lemons, make limoncello. 

Colt's eyes are exactly the same—amber-rimmed in green and electric—as they take me like he did fourteen years ago. We share this moment as if it's before there was heart-shattering honor, duty, doing the right thing and leaving us both broken. Time, distance, and pain all evaporate in this moment. I was beginning to feel like Under The Tuscan Sun and Beach Music lied to me, but Italy might actually be magic. Neither of us should logically be here, but here we are, trapped in each other's gaze in the middle of Tuscany.

My mother remarked, "Maggie, you're being ridiculous, a country can’t heal a broken heart." 

But what’s really messed up is that even though my husband left me for our mixed doubles pickleball partners, my heart’s not broken. It was never whole enough to give it to my ex-husband because it never healed from when Colt had to marry someone else.

Now I'm sitting here in a falling-apart Tuscan villa with a way overabundant lemon grove and a possible mongoose living in the walls, terrified of all I left behind, clutching at the tatters of tomorrow, but I can't stop smiling. Maybe, finally, I'm allowed to fully open my heart for the first time since he had to marry someone else. Now it's my turn. Maybe this time, I'll get to love him forever. Maybe healing a broken heart means getting a second chance. Or maybe I'm meant to remain shattered.  I hope not.

The Boston Brothers: A Second Chance series are interconnected standalone stories featuring the lives and loves of six guys who are either brothers or brothers from another mother and the women they were lucky enough to find, screw it up and then find again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is book #3 in the Boston Brothers series.  This series is in the Kindle Unlimited program.  This is the first book I have read in this series.

Can you imagine meeting your soulmate, but he breaks it off with you because (read the book to find out)? Your future is altered and now what are you gonna do? You have no choice, but to move on. 

I absolutely love this book. when I started this book real life was kicking me down, but when I took the time to put everything aside and actually read the book, I fell in love with everything that this book had to offer now I need to go back and read the previous books and any other books in this series. 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: