Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reading Challenge: The Best Man

Once again I got an e-book from one of my libraries, this time I chose The Best Man by Kristan Higgans. I love reading the Dear Reader section.  There was a paragraph about the Finger Lakes.  Shawn's family lived there at one time & we are going to be taking the kids there.  Not sure when.  Not anytime soon.  From what Shawn told me, it is a beautiful area.  I love how Kristan described the area.  It was like I was already there.  Another thing I loved about this book is for the main character to have epilepsy.  It is a great way to raise awareness on any disease!  I already know which book of hers I will be reading next.  Read this book to find out!  There is an excerpt on the end of The Best Man!

On to the book, I love this book.  I do not know what I would do.  What would you do if your soon to be husband to be told you he is gay, but he did not tell you, but the best man did?  I think I would do what Faith did-leave your hometown & go somewhere new.  Start over.  I think it is best that Faith found out before they were married & especially before they had children.  Think how that would had affected the children involved.  I know Faith is upset when she heard it all coming out of the best man's mouth, but in the long run, I think it is for the best for Faith & Jeremy.  In the town she lived in, everyone knew what happened, too.

Faith went home to do some work on her family's winery, but even after many years she still heard  someone was telling her how sorry they were.  I think she made the right decision by leaving when she did.  I am not going to tell you when, how, etc.  Yes, you are going to have to read the book!  When Faith returned to town, do you think Jeremy is there?  If he is, how do you think they were together?  Old friends?  Did not talk to one another? 

I think my favorite "funny" part in the book was in Chapter 5 when Faith hide in the bathroom.
Levi says to Faith "That happens to me all the time." This earned another glare. "So you decided to climb out the window?" 
Faith says "Mmm-hmm." 
Levi says "Where you are now stuck."
Faith says "Wow. Those analytical powers of yours are just stunning, Levi.  No wonder you're a cop."
(Kindle page 101-102)
Love this part so much.  I am not going to say anything more for those of you that have not read the book. 

This book review is going to be short.  I loved this book, but there is so much more I could put into.  I do not want to give too much of the book away.  I love the ending.  The Best Man is a must read!!

Keep on Reading!
Melissa

No comments: