Sunday, June 16, 2013

Reading Challenge: Capital Wives

Once again I got an e-book from one of my libraries, this time I chose Capital Wives by Rochelle Alers.  This was the first book I read by Rochelle Alers.  It was a really good book.  I did notice a spelling error on the Title Page of the e-book version, which left off the A in Capital & it did it again on the following page.  Other than that, no other spelling errors. 

I love the quote on the one page that Rochelle Alers has:
A worthy wife is the crown of her husband, but a disgraceful one is like not in his bones. - Proverbs 12:4

This book is about 3 woman.  I love how Rochelle breaks down the book.  We learn about Bethany Paxton, Deanna Tyson, & Marisol Rivera-McDonald.

Bethany is a stay at home mom, but she has a live-in housekeeper, who get the kids to school more than she does & her husband, Damon.  Bethany is Damon's first wife.  His first wife cheated on him.  Damon had hidden cameras put into the house & took the videos to his attorney.  Then they divorced & he married Bethany.  Damon has a child with his first wife, who lives with them, & Paige does not like Bethany at all so she gives her a lot of trouble.  How would you handle a stepdaughter? 

Deanna Tyson is D.C. Event Planner & her husband, Spencer, is an attorney.  They decided to wait to have a family until after their 10th anniversary.  Again I am not sure what I would do if I found out about my husband like Deanna did.  This is the ending where I love their ending, but you need to read the book!!  How would you handle what Spencer did?

Marisol Rivera-McDonald is a interior designer for Washington's elite.  Her husband, Bryce McDonald, is a political-consultant.  Again I am not sure what I would do if I found out about my husband like Marisol did.  You need to read the book to find out. Marisol is my favorite character of all 3.  I am not going to say why.  I love her ending!!  How would you handle what Bryce did? 

Bethany met Deanna & Marisol at an event.  Bethany invited Marisol to lunch to thank her for helping her at the event in the restroom.   Marisol invites both Deanna & Bethany to lunch, which bring the 3 together as friends in time. 

I love this book!  I was glued to the pages.  I did not want to stop reading.  Love the ending for each character especially Marisol!  I highly recommend this book to anyone!

Keep on Reading!!
Melissa




No comments: