Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reading Challenge: The Triplet's First Thanksgiving

This time I chose The Triplet's First Thanksgiving by Cathy Gillen Thacker, which is the first time I read a book by this author.  I was on one of the libraries e-book sites & I saw this beautiful cover of triplets in adorable outfits.  One in a pumpkin, one in a pea pod, & I think a cornucopia (if I am wrong, please let me know).   The author, Cathy Gillen Thacker, has a beautiful letter to the reader about the family, McCabes of Texas.  I am going to have to go back to these libraries & find the following books:
*A Cowboy's Woman
*A Cowboy Kind of Daddy

I love how Paige & Kurt are arguing over who's pipes gets fixed first.  Paige said "You cannot let McCabe jump line like this! You have to replace the plumbing in my house first!" (Kindle 3%)  They are arguing like they are married.  Then, when she left, he was asking the owner of the plumbing company all kinds of questions! 

Kurt's life changed all in one trip to his parents' house.  There was a baby buggy with triplets in it with a not saying "Dear Kurt, please be the daddy Lindsay, Lori, and Lucille need, and welcome them into the McCabe clan."  Each of the triplets had matching gold ID bracelets, engraved with their names and "some sort of filigreed design along the edges, glinted on their tiny wrists." (Kindle 7%)
Kurt has no idea who the triplets are.  What would you do?  Your mom would say "We were hoping you would be able to tell us that!" (Kindle 7%)  I love this line because you know every mother would say this.  Kurt's mom, Annie McCabe, called the Sheriff, which is Kurt's identical twin brother, Kyle, & Mitzy, the social worker, & Paige, a pediatrician.

This was a really good book.  I am not going to say anymore about what happens.  Kurt's life did change, but so did Paige's.  Having 3 babies dropped off on a porch & having your mom call you to tell you to get here, but not tell you why.  Having to find out if they are yours.  Waiting was killing him.  Falling in love with the babies not only for Kurt, but for Paige, too, since she was the foster mom.  Living together!!

Do you think Kurt & Paige got along while living together?  Why do you think so or not? Do you think their houses got fixed?

Keep on Reading!!
Melissa

No comments: