Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: The Chance

For this review, I chose  The Chance (#4 The Thunder Point Series) by Robyn Carr.  

The Thunder Point Series
#1 The Wanderer (read)
#2 The Newcomer (read)
#3 The Hero (read)
#4 The Chance 
#5  The Promise (read)
#6  The Homecoming (read)
#7 One Wish
#8 A New Hope
#9 Wildest Dreams

I did not received a copy of the ebook, but checked it out at the local library as an ebook.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
With its breathtaking vistas and down-to-earth people, Thunder Point is the perfect place for FBI agent Laine Carrington to recuperate from a gunshot wound and contemplate her future. The locals embraced Laine as one of their own after she risked her life to save a young girl from a dangerous cult. Knowing her wounds go beyond the physical, Laine hopes she'll fit in for a while and find her true self in a town that feels safe. She may even learn to open her heart to others, something an undercover agent has little time to indulge. 

Eric Gentry is also new to Thunder Point. Although he's a man with a dark past, he's determined to put down roots and get to know the daughter he only recently discovered. When Laine and Eric meet, their attraction is obvious to everyone. But while the law enforcement agent and the reformed criminal want to make things work, their differences may run too deep…unless they take a chance on each other and find that deep and mysterious bond that belongs to those who choose love over fear.

This is one of the books I read in July and haven't had the time until now to get my review up.

I love this series, The Thunder Point.  This is my 6th book I have read in this series and I plan to read more.  This town of Thunder Point is a great little town where everyone helps each other out.  

Eric is the Shop Owner of the restored classic cars shop.  Laine Carrington is a FBI agent taking some time off recovering from an injury.  She is a strong woman with a job that could intimidate men in her life.  There is stuff that they both have to work through.  Will they be able to work through these items in order to be together?  Eric has a dark past.  Laine is a FBI agent.  Can they be together?  Can she get past his past?

I will be reading the other books in this series.  I highly recommend all of the books I have read so far.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: In Your Dreams by Kristan Higgins

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: