Friday, August 28, 2015

Review: In Your Dreams

For this review, I chose In Your Dreams (# 4 The Blue Herron Series) by Kristan Higgins 

In the Blue Herron Series:
#1 The Best Man (read)
#2 The Perfect Match (read)
#3 Waiting on You (read)
#4 In Your Dreams (read)
#5 Anything for You

I did not received a copy of the ebook, but checked it out at the local library as an ebook.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Emmaline Neal needs a date. Just a date—someone to help her get through her ex-fiancé's wedding without losing her mind. But pickings are slim in Manningsport, New York, population 715. In fact, there's really only one option: local heartthrob Jack Holland. Everyone loves Jack, and he won't get the wrong idea…. After all, Jack Holland would never actually be interested in a woman like Em. Especially not with his beautiful ex-wife creeping around, angling to reunite ever since he rescued a group of teens and became a local hero. 

But when the wedding festivities take an unexpectedly passionate turn, Em figures it was just one crazy night. Jack is too gorgeous, too popular, to ever end up with her. So why is she the one he can talk to about his deep, dark feelings? If Em is going to get her dream man, she'll have to start by believing in him…

I am trying to catch up on all of my favorite series.  This is another series I love to read.  This series I have Book #5, Anything for You, to read yet.  I think this is my favorite of the series. The cover is adorable and makes me want to get a German Shepherd, but do not tell that to my husband, who wants one.  We have huskies and I plan to get another one a few years down the road.

This series is based in Manningsport, New York.   Jack Holland is an EMT and wine maker.  He loves his town.  His ex wife did a number on him and he is trying to put his life back together.  The next thing he knows his ex wife is back into town trying to get him back.  Emmaline (love this name) is Deputy and loves her job and her pup, Sarge.  Emmaline needs a date for her ex-fiance.  I think Emmaline saved herself a big heart ache if she married that fiance. OMG.  He is something else.  I would definitely not go alone to this wedding.  Her ex-fiance is a fitness nut.  Yes, I am going to use the word nut because I am not sure how else to describe him.  

Enters Jack playing her very handsome boyfriend on this trip to the wedding.  There is an attraction that they both feel.  Each of them has issues to work through.  Emmaline has feelings about her past that she needs to overcome.  Jack is struggling with PTSD from the rescue that he was at.  One of the boys that he rescue is in the hospital.  Will this boy be okay?  What will Jack do if he is not?  

Great story.  Emmaline was my favorite character.  You could feel her pain with all she has gone through. She does not think Jack could like her.  She has self esteem issues.

I can not wait to read Book #5.  I have read the other books in this series.  I hope there are more books, too.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: One Night with the Billionaire by Sarah Ballance

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: