Friday, August 14, 2015

Review: Light My Fire

For this review, I chose Light My Fire by Kristina Knight, which is my first book by this author.  This book is the first book in the Rockers series.
Book #2- Start Me Up
Book #3- Call Me

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Lily MacIntyre needs to shed her sitcom teen-queen image if she's going to carve out a real career in Hollywood. A tabloid-worthy fling with rocker Nate Lansford--her childhood friend and new cohost of a reality talent show--should do it. As long as she can accept that the notorious player will be moving on to the next eager conquest when the season wraps.

Long before Nate's hard-hearted image took hold, he and Lily were each other's protectors and allies. No one knows him the way she does--and he doesn't want his messed-up past to muddy up her potential. For once, the bad boy is trying to be good. Not easy when the good girl is getting wicked with him in the back of his limo and every white-hot kiss proves they can never be "just friends" again…


This book has a good storyline.  A good girl, Lily, wants a Bad Boy, but she only wants Nate, who's been her friend since grade school.  Does he feel the same way?  Does he see her beyond their childhood friendship and accept her as a grown woman?  Does he want her?  Lily is Nate's best friend's sister.  Will that stop him?

Lily wants to get rid of the good girl image that she created from her tv show, The Rayne Show.  Her co star is telling everyone that it's her fault for the show being cancelled, but in reality it ------- Read the book!!

Nate is a guest panelist on the new reality show, Star Power, and Lily is their co-host.  Now that they have to work together, Lily hopes she can change his mind about her.

A little too short, but I liked this book.


☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Reality Check by V.L. Locey

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: