Friday, August 14, 2015

Review: Teacher: The Final Act

For this review, I chose Teacher: The Final Act by RL Merrill. This is the final book in the Hollywood Rock n Romance Triology. Book #1 is called The Teacher. Book #2 is called The Teacher: Act 2. Both great books.  I couldn't wait to read this book. 

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
In Teacher, Jesse Martin gets sucked into the vortex that is the life of Danny Black, rock god and lead singer of the metal powerhouse, Blackened. She thought she was just taking a home instructor position for the summer, but things got complicated quickly as she and Danny fell madly in love. In Act Two, the lovers maneuvered the tricky path from dating to living together, with pitfalls at every turn. At the end of Act Two, we left our lovers on a dark precipice. Jesse’s doubts and the chaos of Danny’s life threatened to tear them apart. Instead, they are now closer than ever and ready to take that next step. But nothing will ever be easy for our teacher and her rock god, including planning the perfect wedding. A jilted colleague from Danny’s past, a desperate ex, a potentially fatal tragedy, a remodel, a parent-teacher conference, illness, a drag queen, and many many more obstacles are piled in their path. Will Jesse and Danny ever find their happily ever after or will they forever be as those famous doomed lovers, kept apart by circumstances beyond their control? 

FOR READERS 18+ Due to language, incredibly steamy sexual situations, and continued hijinks by the hairy, perverted neighbors!

I have a lot to write about this book. But not sure where to start.  First, it's great to be back with Jesse, Danny, and Janey.  It's sad that this is the last book of this series. I would love to see a book about Cosmo. 

Jesse has many fears she needs to overcome before she can give into the idea of being Mrs Danny Black and that that entitles. She is used to taking care of herself and not relying on anyone for help. She needs to let Danny help her more. 

As you can tell, Jesse is my favorite character in this book. She's a strong woman, who tells you like it is. Living with RA, she lives in pain. There's days where is struggles with moving. I am like Jesse. I live in chronic pain with good and bad days. My husband is like Danny.  Always taking care of me. Another way I am like Jesse is when she was talking about her desk.  She says "I walked through the library and decided my desk needed some unlcuttering, a task I often did when I was avoiding paperwork. "  (88%).  My desk goes through a cycle. Uncluttered to cluttered to uncluttered to cluttered. It's always due to paperwork. 

Danny and Jesse had too many obstacles to get through. I believe more to come in their marriage. As I read the end (91%), I was remembering marrying Shawn almost 19 years ago. We have had many obstacles. I know there will be more to come, but they are not obstacles to me, but moments that made us stronger together than apart. 

Not only I recommend this book, but the first 2 books too.  I want to read Road Trip: A Rock Season from this author. 

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Light My Fire by Kristina Knight

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: