Sunday, November 20, 2016

Review: Duncan The Story Dragon

For this review, I chose Duncan The Story Dragon by Amanda Driscoll.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
A charming story about the joys of reading that is perfect for fans of Dog Loves Books and Stellaluna.

Duncan the Dragon loves to read. When he reads a story, his imagination catches fire! Unfortunately…so does his book.

Fire breath is great for roasting marshmallows, but it’s not so great for reading. Duncan just wants to get to those two wonderful words, like the last sip of a chocolate milk shake: The End. Will he ever find out how the story ends?

This bright, warm tale champions determination, friendship, and a love for books. And milk shakes!
 

My son, Ethan, asked the Children's Librarian if our library had this book and they did not.  I have library card from our area for a different library, which I use to get ebooks.  I asked for it and I received an email saying my hold was in.

Ethan was so happy to be able to read it.  He read it to me!  We both loved the cover.  To me, the cover was so inviting that you had to read it.  The illustrations are so adorable.  Ethan loved the end, but I am not going to tell you who he gets to read the book to.  It is very cute.

If you are looking for a new book to read to your child or have your child read to you, then I highly recommend this book.  Ethan and I want to see if Ms Amanda Driscoll has any other books because we want to read more of her books.


☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Dan Alexander by Jean C. Joachim

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: