Thursday, June 14, 2018

Review: Scoring the Player

For this review, I chose Scoring the Player by Samantha Lind.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:

Cocky, man whore, player…. Those are all ways I have been described by the media and countless women. Are they accurate? Possibly. But, that’s all I let the media see of me, Brian Kelly, defensive player for the Indianapolis Eagles Hockey team. I have no intentions of settling down and changing the media's perception of me. I can’t tell if women are after me for my bank account, the status symbol of being with a professional athlete, or if they really want me for me. Then I meet her. The one woman who doesn’t let my charm affect her or cause her to jump directly into my bed. Can I possibly change my ways and settle down?


Grounded, selfless, giving…Those are all the ways my family and friends have described me. Are they right? Possibly. But, I’m so much more, and need some passion and excitement in my life. My best friend is moving on and I want that someone special to share all that life has to offer. Let it be known that I, Kinley Williams, want the right someone special. So why did he have to crash into me? The one man who is so clearly wrong for me. Then again, he doesn’t seem like anything the tabloids claim him to be. So is he really all that wrong?



This is Book #2 in the Indianapolis Eagles Series.  I have read the first book and loved it.  I loved this book, too.  I loved that we met Brian and Kinley in book #1.  Not really getting to know them, but a glimpse of what could be next.  The chemistry between them was hot!!  I loved how they text each other for many months before taking their relationship further.  They became friends first.

I can not wait to read Book #3.

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: