Monday, May 10, 2021

Book Review: The Maverick by Jennifer Millikin

 For this review, I chose The Maverick by Jennifer Millikin.

I received an ARC copy of the ebook for an honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
I know you’ve heard about me.
The middle Hayden brother, the one whose wife ran off.
I’m not the short-tempered new owner of the Hayden Cattle Company, like my big brother. I’m not the wild stallion with a mystery ax to grind, like my little brother.
I’m Warner Hayden. Single-father, second-in-command of my family’s ranching dynasty, and my steady, secure world is about to get rocked by America’s sweetheart.
I’d heard Tenley Roberts was coming to our small town to film her latest movie, I just didn't think she’d be driving a 1976 Bronco. So, no, I didn't know the identity of the beautiful stranger I helped on the side of the road, but I figured it out a few days later. And I haven't been the same since.
Tenley is unexpectedly funny, and complicated. I’m recently divorced, fearful of the way she makes my heart beat double-time, and gun-shy.
Despite all this, we’re too wrapped up in each other to care.
But then things with Tenley take an unforeseen turn, and everyone assumes I’ll take my licks the way I always have.
Not this time.
Maybe I am the nice, dependable brother.
But I’m also a Hayden, born and bred.
And this bull has horns. (less)


This is the second book in the Hayden Family series. I love books about cowboys and the woman they love, but won’t admit it to themselves!!   Warner is a single dad with two kids and is in denial about a lot of things in his life.  Tenley is an actress who may want a different life. Can they find what they truly want in life?  I’m can’t wait to read the next book in this series.  I’m looking forward to learning more about the youngest Hayden. 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: 

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review

No comments: