Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: Twisted by Desire

For this review, I chose Twisted by Desire by Desiree A Cox.  This is the first in the series called Lust, Desite, and Love.  The series is a trilogy.  Book #2 is called Jaded by Desire.  This is my first book by this author.

I received a copy of the ebook for a honest review of this book.

Here is a brief description from Goodreads:
Nikki Carmichael is confused. Her head’s telling her one thing while her heart is sending another message.

She believed her first husband, Sky, was her Prince Charming. They got married expecting to live their happily ever after, but the happiness dwindled right along with their checking account. Their divorce legally ended the marriage, but not the love and uncontrollable desire between them.

Then she meets Jeff. He’s hotter than an August day in Florida, and can offer her everything she’s always thought she wanted.

Jeff is committed to his life as a bachelor, but his high-powered nature has finally brought him to a crossroads. He’s face-to-face with a quandary; his decisions will affect his professional and personal life forever.

Nikki’s tenacious efforts to live a dream life, while still keeping her heart shielded, are coupled with wrestling an ongoing dilemma – her heart still belongs to Sky.

But Nikki isn’t the only one who’s twisted by desire.

At first, I was not sure what to think about this book, but I decided that I had to continue reading it.  The main reason I had to finish this book was about Jeff.  I had too many questions running through my mind about him.  Not only about him, but Nikki and Sky, too.  I can not put those questions here because I would give away a lot of the good stuff!  By the end of it, I was thinking that I must read book #2, Jaded by Desire like NOW.  Right now!!  lol.  

If you want a book that keeps you guessing, then this is the book for you.  I can not wait to read the other 2 book in this series.  The only thing I did not like was the cliff hanger at the end of the book, but it is ok.  It gives me something to look forward to! 

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Would I recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Would I read more from this author? Yes!

Happy Reading!
Melissa 
Review coming next: Kiss Me, Katie by Monica Tillery

FTC Disclosure: The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company has provided me with a copy of this book for review or I have purchased the book with my own funds.  The opinion I share about the story are mine and have not been influenced by the The Publisher/Author/Book Tour Company if received for review.

No comments: